Start Smart Flag Football Fall 2021
- SPR Staff: Jerry Nason, and seasonal staff
- Season Dates: September 11th, 2021 through October 23rd, 2021
- Grades: Start Smart Grades PreK-1st
- Day/Time: Saturdays, 9:30-10:30am
- Location: Recreation Complex at Foss Rd., Sandy Brook Fields
- Division Max: 20 participants – this is a finite max
- Minimum of 8 registrations required to hold program.
- Season Format: This is a parent/guardian participation program. Every child must have a partner who is ready to participate. Siblings over 13 may also help.
- Season Fee: $40.00/residents; $45/non-residents
- Deadline: August 20th, 2021, or as space allows
- Equipment: We will provide all equipment in the starter kit which contains one rule book, one football, one flag belt, 4 cones and one kicking tee, and one t-shirt
- Start Smart Programs, created by the National Alliance for Youth Sports, help kids get ready for sports…and succeed in life. It is an innovative step-by-step approach that builds confidence and self-esteem in a fun and safe sports environment. Start Smart Football teaches children the basic motor skills necessary to play organized flag football while they work one-on-one and spend quality time with their parents. The program focuses on teaching children, and their parents, skills in throwing, catching, kicking/punting, and running/agility without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt.