Volleyball, Youth Indoor Intro Program
Spring Introduction to Indoor Youth Volleyball!
This youth program is a great opportunity for beginner level participants and those looking to move to the next level to experience an introduction to volleyball and develop their skills! In this session, athletes will learn the basics and fundamentals of volleyball. We will teach participants the game format including rules and rotation, and skills such as setting and serving, passing and, everyone's favorite—spiking! At the end of each practice we will play a fun game that incorporates skills needed in the game of volleyball, allowing the players to feel the energy of a game. The last practice will include a scrimmage using the skills that have been taught over the session.
Intro to Indoor Youth Volleyball Session Info
Location: Saco Community Center Gym
When: Two session options on Wednesdays starting March 31st through June 9th
Session 1: March 31 - April 28th
Session 2: May 5th - June 9th (registration opens April 12th)
Coed Divisions Sessions and Practice Times:
Grades 3rd-5th: Wednesday Nights 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Grades 6th-8th: Wednesday Nights 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Max of 14 per session
Registration is open to Saco and Dayton residents. Dayton residents please contact the SPR office at 283-3139 to register.
Session Fee: $30.00 for residents; $35.00 for non-residents
SPR Staff: Alyssa Clark and Sarah Musgrave
Assisted by Thornton Academy Coach Corey Huot and players!
COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
In consideration of circumstances regarding COVID-19, we will be following all current recommendations from the state of Maine agencies for Community Sports to offer this program in a safe manner; any guidelines listed below are subject to change following state guidelines at the time of the program.
1. Upon arrival, participants and a parent will report to the coach for a health screening and temperature check. Masks will be required during the health screening process.
2. Participants will utilize hand sanitizer at the health screening station before joining the group.
3. Masks are required at all times for participants, coaches, staff, and spectators, including during instruction, active practice and events.
1. Only 1 parent/spectator per player permitted for practices and events.
2. Spectators must stay on the sideline.
3. Spectators must wear masks and stay 6 feet apart.
1. Any shared equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between practices.